Monday, May 10, 2010

Thoughts of School

Do you ever feel like quitting school? Going on to work full time and make tons of money, maybe....
I have. Not gonna lie. This year kicked my butt, and many times I thought, "I think I am done with school. I've had enough of it in my lifetime. I'll work or join the military or something."
I think I am glad I stuck with it, no matter how much I think otherwise, because it is really going to pay off in the future. It will give me a better job, better pay, better benefits, better everything. The only downfall with this is that I am gonna be in school for at least two more years, and that's just for my bachelor's degree. I'll go on and go for my master's, and that adds another year or two. After that, maybe go for my PhD, and that adds yet another year or two. So I am looking at anywhere between 2 and 6 more years of college. UGH! I think it is a waste of time right now that I spend day in and day out studying my butt off for tests for some classes that I will never need or use. Major classes are a different story, but a few of them are pointless because even those are useless. That's what I think now. I may come to a day that I look back and appreciate the fact that I took that class, but I don't like them right now. School gives you many more opportunities to succeed in life, even if it takes over your life for four years or more. I think if I were to drop out of school, the military would be the best fit for me. I plan on going in after school anyways. The only problem is I wouldn't be able to go in as an officer if I were to go in now, I could only be enlisted and have to work my way up. Another point goes to staying in school.
Parents expect a lot out of their kids, and my parents are no different. Growing up, I heard all about how hard my parents worked to get where they are and the schooling they had to go through. They always told me that I have to at least get my bachelors degree, and I always told them I would. Yet another point to staying in school. I think that without them pushing me, I wouldn't be where I am and be able to do what I want to do, even though I don't want to do what they want me to do all the time. Oh well.


So let's see. I count 3 points for stay in school, and 2 points to dropping out. Guess I will stay in school and labor my butt off for the next 2-6 years to become successful in life. Ugh.

Anyways, I'm out.

GEE

http://www.dropoutprevention.org/resource/family_student/reasons.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment